The Post-Mastectomy Fitter Pre-Certification course from AABCP will provide entry-level skills and foundational knowledge to all individuals wishing to pursue a post-mastectomy fitter career.
Mastectomy Fitter Course
Mastectomy Fitting is a growing career choice for breast care professionals worldwide. Take the first step, AABCP’s approved mastectomy fitter course puts you on your path to Mastectomy Fitter Certification.
FITTER COURSE REGISTRATION
Mastectomy Pre-Certification Fitter Course ( ABC & BOC Approved )
2023 VIRTUAL (INSTRUCTOR-LED | SELF-PACED STUDY SCHEDULE)
Ongoing – Available at Registration
- Ongoing – Available at Registration
LAB FITTING: Virtual Demonstration
- Weekly check and review of materials with the instructor.
- Final exam (Multiple Choice)
- Online exit interview is required for completion.
- Finish the course at your own pace. You will have access to the coursework for a full 12 months for study and review.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The AABCP & ISBCP Mastectomy Pre-Certification Fitter Course is a comprehensive hands-on, classroom-style mastectomy fitter course that exceeds current certification requirements.
This course promotes mastectomy fitting “Standards of Care,” striving to provide students with unbiased information on all products, fit lines, standards, services, and requirements necessary to provide quality care to breast care patients.
Approved by the American Board of Certification
Approved by the Board of Certification
This course will provide entry-level skills and background to individuals who wish to pursue a career as a certified mastectomy fitter.
This pre-certification course includes a basic understanding of:
- Thoracic Anatomy and Physiology
- Garment and prosthetic differentiation
- General fitting skills
- Inventory management
- Basic coding and billing skills
- Introduction to State and federal regulatory compliance
- Introduction to lymphedema
- General business requirements
- Introduction to multiple fit lines, products, and more.
AABCP post-mastectomy pre-certification fitter – entry-level course
- Meets ABC & BOC mastectomy fitter pre-certification course and fitting lab requirements.
- Appropriate for all individuals who wish to learn mastectomy fitting basics.
- Certified, licensed instructors teach all courses with real-world experience.
Cost: VIRTUAL & SELF-PACED $169 | IN PERSON
- Includes Study Guides
- Includes 6 month membership to AABCP
- Includes 2 hours of experiential fitting credit (in-person only)
- Includes Access to FREE AABCP Fitter Online Practice Exam
- Includes Online support for students
- 2023 CEU credit for Certified individuals: ABC – 0 | BOC – 0 CEUs